1. What is the age range?VGS provides education for students aged 3 to 18.
2. What is the curriculum offered in the School?
VGS Offers CBSE New Delhi Curriculum.
3. What music opportunities are available at VGS?
VGS students have many opportunities to learn and grow in their musicianship through our classroom music courses, performance ensembles and private instruction.
4. Is VGS an affiliated school?
5. Will I have access to my child’s academic progress?
Yes through PTM and test notebooks
6. What is the average class size?
It varies, but it is usually between 30 to 35 students per class.
7. What are the school hours and what is the daily timetable?
School hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Monday to Saturday for classes I – X and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday for Pre Primary.
8. Where is VGS located?
VGS is located at Barshi, one of the most pious, serene, pollution free environment in the country.
9. What transportation is provided to and from the school?
The School has brand new fleet of Buses that pickup and drop students in and around 30 to 35 kms from the school campus. All norms and guidelines/safety measures for school buses are followed.
10. Can I visit the school?
All visitors must make a prior appointment with the admissions office.
11. What is the school’s policy on bullying?
Bullying is not tolerated at VGS.
12. Where do VGS students attend university after they graduate?
VGS students attend a large variety of universities all across the globe. VGS is one of the MAEER MIT Pune’s schools which already is an established name in Engineering, Graduate, Medical, Pharmacy and Management colleges.
13. What second languages does VGS offer?
We offer Hindi as Second Language at VGS.
14. What sports does VGS offer?
Basketball, Table Tennis, Badminton, Athletics, Cricket, and Football.
15. How often can I visit my children during the weekend?
Parents can visit on 4th Sunday of every month. On special requirements, appointments can be taken with approval from the School Management.
16. Is there a school uniform?
Yes School uniform is mandatory.
17. When does the VGS school year start and end?
School year begins in April and ends in March.
18. What health care is available at VGS?
The school takes seriously its responsibility to safeguard the health of staff and students. The school has a health center, staffed by Residential Doctor and Professional nurse, which is open 24 hours a day. School has tie up for emergency care and rescue with leading hospitals in and around the school.
19. How can I communicate with my child?
You may communicate with your child phone call, email or by visits.
20. How do we pay the application fees?
The application fees may be paid in form of a DD.
21. When should I submit an application for admission?
The admission process for any school year begins in September of the previous year. For example, the admission process for the 2018-2019 school years began on the 1st of September 2017.
22. Can I submit the required documents as they are completed?
An application is processed only when all of the required documents from the checklist are received. The process is much more efficient if all the required documents are submitted together. An application will not be processed unless we have received the application fee.
23. When will I know if my child has been accepted at VGS?
After the first interaction with the student & the parents, the provisional admission may be given on the submission of the filled in & completed application form along with the necessary documents. The decision of the confirmation of the admission is conveyed to the parents by e-mail & over the phone, within a week of the submission of the original performance / report card along with the Photostat copy of the same. However, the confirmation of the admission will solely depend on the availability of the seats in the respective classes, at that time.
24. Is there a waiting list?
There may be a waiting list for certain grades where there are more qualified applicants than spaces available.
25. Is the application fee refundable?
The application fee is not refundable.
26. Does VGS accept students who do not speak English?
VGS does not discriminate between students.
27. What security is provided at VGS?
There is 24-hour security on campus and at the residences. All visitors are required to sign in with the reception.
28. What is the average length of service of staff at VGS?
The average service of staff at VGS can be considered as 5 years and more.
29. Does VGS conduct and participate in inter school activities?
Yes, VGS students have a number of opportunities to interact with students from other schools in and around the state. There are inter school sports, dramatics and other events held periodically.